Additional SAP Criteria
Edinboro University has additional criteria in place for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress under certain circumstances.
Incompletes, Withdrawals, Failures, and Repeats
- All incompletes, withdrawals, failures, and repeats are included as attempts when determining SAP for financial aid.
Changing Major or Double Major
- A change of academic major or the pursuit of a double major does not extend eligibility for financial aid.
Summer School Enrollment/Cooperative Education Consortium
- Students who enroll in summer school will be charged with a semester of attendance. Credits hours attempted will be used to determine SAP.
- Students enrolled in cooperative education will be treated as a regular semester student unless it is a summer registration. The summer school procedures would then apply.
- If a student is enrolled via a consortium agreement/study abroad, a transcript will be obtained from the visiting school and the credit hours will be included as attempts along with the credit hours earned.
Credits by Examination, Military Credits, or Life Experience Credits
- Transfer credits that have been accepted, will be used as attempts and completes and included when determining SAP.
- Academic credits received via examination, military, or life experiences are counted as attempts and as earned credits.