FAQs - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Office of Records and Registration
          Hamilton Hall
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444
          Phone: (814) 732-3501
          Fax: (814) 732-2130
          Email: records@edinboro.edu

          Hours of Operation:
          Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
          Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.


          1. Academic Credit Hour

          a. What is the definition of an academic credit hour?

          One semester academic credit hour is the equivalent to a minimum of 700 minutes of instruction (50 minutes x 14 weeks), exclusive of time for final examination. This is equivalent to 35 hours of instruction plus time for final examination for a three credit-hour course.

          2. Academic Load

          a. How many credits may a student enroll in each semester?

          During a regular Fall or Spring semester, a normal full-time load for a semester is from 12 to 18 semester hours. However, the total credit hours a student is permitted to enroll in is determined by the academic record of the individual student. Students with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher may register for 18 semester hours. Students with a grade point average lower than 2.0 may register for a maximum of 16 semester hours. Students may register for additional credit hours only if an Overload of Credit Form is approved by their advisor, department chairperson and dean.

          During a Summer session or Winter session between semesters, the credit load is determined by the number of weeks in the session. Students may take up to three semester hours during a three-week session and up to six semester hours during a five-week session.

          Graduate students may enroll in 15 credits per semester.

          3. Address Change

          a. How do I change my local or home address?

          Address changes may be reported online. Login to myEdinboro portal, to access S.C.O.T.S. Select “Personal Information” and follow the link to update addresses and phones.

            • Local Address Change Currently enrolled students should report local address and telephone changes by choosing the “Off campus” address type from the drop-down menu. Click “Submit” and enter the requested information. 
            • Permanent Address Change Students may report permanent address and telephone changes by choosing the “Permanent” address type from the drop-down menu. Click “Submit” and enter the requested information. (Do not choose “Nation” option if the address is in the United States. This field should remain “Not Applicable.”)

          If unable to submit changes online, you may obtain and submit a printed form at the Records and Registration Office in Hamilton Hall. You’re responsible for notifying the University when you change your permanent home or off-campus local address. 

          Please note that if you’re a student employee, you must ALSO notify the Payroll Office of a change to your permanent home address. This is critical for you to receive your paycheck and or W-2 form.

          4. Name Change

          1. How do I change my legal name?
            1. A current student or former student may request a change of name using the Change of Name form or via written correspondence. Forms are available from the Office of Records and Registration.
            2. The student must provide legal evidence of the name change by presenting either an original or notarized copy of a court order or decree.
            3. As an alternative, a student must provide a statement made under oath that he or she has adopted a name that the student is using consistently, nonfraudulently and exclusively. In addition to the sworn statement, the student must provide at least two documents of identification which will support that the adopted name is used consistently, nonfraudulently and exclusively. (Examples of appropriate supporting documentation include a driver's operating license or passport.) Information on other appropriate supporting documentation may be obtained from the Office of Records and Registration.
            4. The Office of Records and Registration will be the sole point for the processing of a student name change.

          5. Advisors

          a. How do I change my advisor?

          Complete a Change of Advisor form, which can be obtained from the Office of Records and Registration or accessed by clicking here. You’ll be notified by email when your request is processed. 

          b. Who is my advisor?

          If you don’t know the name of your advisor, log in to myEdinboro and click on the S.C.O.T.S. icon; from the Main Menu click on “Student Services & Financial Aid,” then click “Student Records.” Open the Link “View Student Information.” The name of your advisor will be displayed.

          Students may contact the Office of Records and Registration if they have questions.

          c. Where is my advisor located?

          Please access the Campus Directory on the EU website to locate your advisor’s office address and phone number.

          d. When are my advisor’s office hours?

          You’ll find your advisor’s office hours posted outside his or her office, or you may contact your department for this information.

          6. Auditing a Course

          a. How do I audit a course?

          Complete an Audit a Course form online or at the Office of Records and Registration. The form requires the signatures of your advisor and the instructor of the course to be audited. The completed form must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the end of the ADD period. 

          b. Will this course count as part of my academic load?


          c. Do I have to pay for auditing a course?

          Yes. Certain exceptions apply. Click here to read the policy, or see the reverse side of the Application to Audit a Course form.

          d. Will this course show on my transcript, and if so, how?

          Yes, audited courses will be recorded on your transcript as “AU.”

          7. Catalog

          a. How do I get a copy of the University catalog?

          The Undergraduate Catalog is posted online for your use. 

          8. Commencement

          (Not to be confused with Graduation. Although connected, these are two separate functions.)

          a. How many tickets will I receive for Commencement?

          The number of tickets issued, usually three (3) or four (4), is dependent on the number of graduating students attending the ceremony. Tickets will be given out at the Grad Fair.

          b. How can I get more tickets?

          Information explaining how you can request additional tickets, if available, is included in an information packet with your seating assignment and guest tickets. Additional tickets are available only if unused tickets are returned. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Albert at (814) 732-1976.

          c. I have not received any tickets or information regarding the Commencement ceremony. Has this information been mailed yet?

          Tickets and seating information for the May ceremony are mailed out mid-April. Tickets and seating information for the December ceremony are mailed out mid-November. If you have any questions regarding tickets, please contact Jessica Albert (814) 732-1976.

          d. I lost my row and seat number for the ceremony. Can you help?

          Yes, please contact Jessica Albert (814) 732-1976.

          e. When is Commencement?

          Dates for Commencement are listed in the University Calendar and on our website.  

          9. Degree Evaluation System

          a. My advisor has indicated that I have met a specific area of my requirements, but my degree evaluation is indicating this area is unmet. 

          Please contact Alyssa Baer, Assistant Registrar at (814) 732-1972.

          b. I was told my transfer credit, which came in as an elective, would fulfill a specific area of my curriculum, but my degree evaluation shows this area as unmet. 

          Please contact Alyssa Baer, Assistant Registrar at (814) 732-1972.

          10. Diplomas

          a. I recently graduated. When can I expect my diploma to be mailed?

          The process of mailing diplomas begins after final grades have been recorded and all graduation clearances are confirmed. No holds must be found on your student record. If you prefer to pick up your diploma, you may do so at the Office of Records and Registration. If you have any questions, please contact Alyssa Baer (814) 732-1972.

          b. My diploma has been lost or destroyed. How may I obtain a replacement diploma?

          We would be happy to order a replacement diploma for you. The cost of this service is $15/ea.

          A printable request form is available by clicking here. This form MUST be hand signed and returned with payment.  You can email it to records@edinboro.edu, fax to (814) 732-2130 or mail with payment to the following address:

          Office of Records and Registration
          Hamilton Hall
          Edinboro University
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444

          Duplicate diplomas may be paid for by check, money order, or by credit card through our Marketplace. If paying by check or money order please make payable to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

          Questions may be directed to Alyssa Baer (814) 732-1972.

          c. I have legally changed my name. How may I obtain a new diploma that reflects my name change?

          If you have not submitted a name change form to Edinboro University, please do so at this time. A printable request form is available by clicking here. Please note the requirements for acceptable documentation.

          Please submit your name change form along with your diploma replacement request (see above). Once your name change has been recorded we will provide your replacement diploma.

          Questions may be directed to Alyssa Baer (814) 732-1972.

          11. Fresh Start

          A student who has been academically suspended may apply for reinstatement to the University and have a new academic record created under certain conditions. Click here for conditions.

          12. Grade Changes

          a. I recently had a grade changed by my professor. Can you tell me if this has been done yet?

          Note: Grades cannot be released over the telephone. You will receive notification by email that a change has been made to your academic record or you can check your S.C.O.T.S. account by logging into myEdinboro.

          13. Graduation

          a. I forget...did I apply for graduation?

          Students may view their completed graduation application on S.C.O.T.S.  Under the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, select Student Records, then "View Application to Graduate".

          If you have further questions, please contact Alyssa Baer (814) 732-1972.

          b. When will I find out if I can graduate?

          Graduation audits are performed by the deans’ offices during the first half of your final semester. If you don’t meet degree requirements, a letter will be sent from your dean instructing you to meet with your assigned academic advisor to address deficiencies.

          14. Incomplete Grades

          a. How long does an undergraduate or graduate student have to correct an incomplete (“I”) grade?

          An incomplete grade must be removed during the first four weeks of the following semester. Failure to complete the required work within the time allotted will result in the grade automatically converting to an “F.”

          15. Majors

          a. How do I change my major?

          You must apply for a change of major by submitting the Change of Major form to the Office of Records and Registration. You must provide a copy of your degree evaluation to the appropriate person for orientation into the new degree program. Signed forms must be returned to the Office of Records and Registration for final processing.

          b. I submitted a change of major request form but have not heard whether it was completed. Can you help?

          You will receive an email informing you that your major has been changed. This email will also be copied to your new advisor. Your major change will not show on S.C.O.T.S. until the completion of the semester in which the change was submitted.

          16. Minors

          a. How do I apply for a minor?

          You must complete an application form for each minor and submit it to the Office of Records and Registration. You are limited to only three minors. Apply for minor(s) prior to your last semester of enrollment so it/they can be evaluated by the dean of the school in which you’re majoring. Your dean will certify satisfactory completion of the minor(s). 

          b. What are the requirements for a specific minor?

          Minor programs are self-advised. They’re structured to enable you to follow the program with limited advice. The requirements for each minor program are listed in the University catalog. Most programs vary in requirements from eighteen semester hours to twenty-four semester hours.

          c. Are minors reflected on my official transcript?


          17. Privacy Hold

          a. I don’t want my telephone number or address released to the public. How can I prevent this from happening?

          You will need to complete a Request for Withholding Directory Information form in the Office of Records and Registration before the end of the ADD period. Be advised that this will prevent the release of any information to the general public. You’ll be required to show ID when transacting business in person, and no specific student business may be transacted by telephone. Click here to access the form.

          b. How do I remove the privacy hold from my record?

          Send a signed request for removal of this code in writing to the Office of Records and Registration anytime during the semester.

          18. Reinstatement

          a. I attended Edinboro way back when and would like to return as a student. How do I go about this?

          You’ll need to submit a Reinstatement Application to the Office of Records and Registration or contact Kimberly Toy, (814) 732-1986. The request form is available in the Office of Records and Registration in Hamilton Hall, as well as online.

          b. I sent a request to be reinstated to Edinboro, and I haven’t heard anything. Can you help?

          You should receive a letter in the mail soon to confirm your reinstatement. If you don’t receive it, please contact Kimberly Toy, (814) 732-1986, in the Office of Records and Registration.

          c. I attended another school since I was at Edinboro.  How do I get my credits transferred to Edinboro?

          You’ll need to request the school you attended to mail an official transcript to Edinboro University’s Office of Records and Registration for evaluation. An official transcript must come directly from the sending institution to Edinboro and contain the seal of the school and signature of the registrar. Student copies and unofficial copies will not be accepted. After reinstatement, the transcript will be evaluated and you’ll be notified in writing of the credits accepted for transfer.

          d. Are students who leave the University and return required to follow “new” or “old” program requirements?

          Students should follow the program of study outlined in the catalog effective at the time of their admission to that program. Students who change curriculum must follow the requirements in effect at the time of their transfer to the new curriculum. Students who interrupt their program of study for a period exceeding one calendar year and who are subsequently reinstated must follow the requirements in effect at the time of their reinstatement. If this is impractical, a student may request an exception, and approval must be documented in writing by the advisor, department chairperson and dean.

          19. Repeat Courses

          a. How many times may a student repeat a course?

          Students will be limited to a maximum total of six repeated courses. A single course can be repeated a maximum of two times. The course should appear no more than three times on a transcript. The most recent grade (regardless of whether it is higher or lower) will be the grade used for the cumulative GPA calculation.

          20. Residency

          a. Who may I talk to about in-state residency?

          If you have matriculated, you should speak with Timothy Pilewski, Registrar. New undergraduate students prior to the beginning of classes should contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office. New graduate students prior to the beginning of the semester should contact the Graduate Office.

          21. Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory Grades

          a. How do I take a course Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (Pass/Fail)?

          Obtain a form to apply for Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grades from the Office of Records and Registration office. The completed form must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration no later than the end of the ADD period.

          b. May I take more than one course for a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade?

          Not within one term. A maximum of one course each semester and one each summer or winter session may be taken on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis. As part of your undergraduate degree program, you may not exercise the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option in more than four (4) courses in which a dual grading system is used.

          c. May I take one of my major courses under this option?

          No. No student will be permitted to use the S/U option for any courses that are required for his/her major, unless the course itself has been approved for grading on the S/U basis. 

          Note: Please review the policy regarding the satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading system in the University catalog and on the reverse side of the S/U grade request form.

          22. Class Scheduling

          a. When is class scheduling for the next academic term?

          Fall semester class scheduling begins in April. Spring Semester and Winter Session class scheduling begins in November. Summer session class scheduling usually begins January – February.

          View “Check Registration Status” in S.C.O.T.S. for the appropriate semester for the day you can begin scheduling (the day is based on your year and number of earned credits).

          b. What courses are offered?

          You can find a complete course listing through S.C.O.T.S. or the online Catalog (go to http://www.edinboro.edu; use keyword search Catalog).

          Through S.C.O.T.S., go to the Edinboro homepage (http://www.edinboro.edu), click on the myEdinboro link, and log in. Once logged in, click on the S.C.O.T.S. icon, then click “Registration,” followed by “Look up Classes.”

          In “Search by Term,” select the appropriate term (such as Spring 2015). We recommend that you use the “Advanced Search” function at the bottom right, which allows you to narrow the search by your desired subject, campus location, course level, time period, and more. You’ll find additional help with S.C.O.T.S. on the S.C.O.T.S. tutorial page.

          c. Do I need my student ID to schedule?

          No. S.C.O.T.S. can be used for almost all of your class scheduling transactions. However, if you need to have a form signed or are unable to adjust your class schedule, please bring your ID with you to the Office of Records and Registration.

          **If you have placed a Public Information Hold on your records, you will be required to show your ID card if you come to the Office of Records and Registration.

          d. What if I miss my day to schedule?

          You may schedule anytime after your first scheduling day until the last day to add on S.C.O.T.S., which is available 24/7 except for periods of maintenance. Do not miss any of your classes to schedule. Your obligation to be in class does not prevent you from scheduling using S.C.O.T.S.

          e. How do I add, drop or withdraw from a course?

          To add a course:

          You must first obtain your alternate PIN number from your advisor. Log on to myEdinboro, click on the S.C.O.T.S. icon and click “Look up Classes.” Once you have found a course, check the box in the first column for that course and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Register.” Enter the alternate PIN that your advisor gave you. Make sure there were no errors when registering (you can make sure that you are scheduled by viewing your schedule either by “Student Schedule by Day and Time” or “Student Detail Schedule” from the Registration Menu).

          To drop a course:

          Log on to myEdinboro, then click on S.C.O.T.S. and click on “Add/Drop Classes.” Enter your alternate PIN number your advisor gave you. Select the appropriate action for the desired course and click “Submit Changes” at the bottom of the page.

          To withdraw from a course during the Withdraw period:

          Log on to myEdinboro, then click on S.C.O.T.S. and click on “Add/Drop Classes.” Enter your alternate PIN number your advisor gave you. Select the appropriate action for the desired course. Click “Submit Changes” at the bottom of the page.

          An alternate PIN number is required to add, drop or withdraw on S.C.O.T.S.

          Your advisor’s signature or an alternate PIN number is required if you are not registered for any courses and try to add a course at the Records and Registration Office.

          The last days to add, drop or withdraw from a course will be listed on the University Calendar on the Records and Registration homepage.

          f. My friend told me that if I do not attend a class, the instructor will remove my name from the roster. Is this true?

          No. Any student who fails to attend class for which he/she is officially registered is expected to take the appropriate action to officially drop or withdraw from the course. If you fail to take the appropriate action by the published deadlines, you may lose refunds, lose financial aid including Stafford loans, receive failing grades and be charged for the balance of your tuition and fees. If you do not intend to remain in a course, it is your responsibility to drop or withdraw from the course. No one else will do it for you.

          g. Do I need my advisor’s approval for summer or winter courses?

          Yes. You need your alternate PIN for any courses you want to enroll in for the summer or winter sessions. If you can’t contact your advisor, contact your department chairperson.

          h. What if a class I want is closed?

          Check the list of available classes on S.C.O.T.S. to see if another section is open OR you may choose one of your approved alternate courses. If neither of these options works, you may attempt to contact the instructor of the course to see if he or she is willing to overload you into the course. You must bring a Permission Override Form with the instructor and department chair’s written authorization to the department secretary for the course. The permission will then be entered for you to enroll. You can then schedule the course on the Add/Drop screen on S.C.O.T.S. You must enter the CRN directly and then submit changes. 

          i. Can I schedule classes with overlapping times?

          S.C.O.T.S. will not allow you to schedule overlapping courses. You must bring a Permission Override Form with the instructor’s written authorization to schedule courses that meet at overlapping times to the department secretary for the course. The permission will then be entered for you to enroll. You can now schedule the conflicting course on S.C.O.T.S. Courses that have time conflicts, even with final exams, cannot be scheduled without this authorization.

          j. Is my schedule correct and secure?

          Please check your “Student Detail Schedule” or your “Day/Time Schedule” on the screen for accuracy before exiting S.C.O.T.S. You can avoid problems later be verifying your schedule is correct as soon as you schedule. Your class schedule is secured when you complete all financial arrangements, e-REG and attend your classes.

          k. What is the location and time for a particular course?

          Check S.C.O.T.S. for the most up-to-date information for a course. If you are registered for a course, be sure to check your schedule on S.C.O.T.S. frequently to be sure no changes have been made.

          l. When does a specified academic term begin?

          Refer to the University Calendar on Edinboro’s website.

          m. Where is the Academic Calendar for a specified term?

          Academic calendar information is available online on the Records and Registration website here.

          n. When will the online scheduling book be available?

          The online scheduling book is usually available two weeks prior to the beginning of registration for an upcoming semester. The semester Class Schedule is available on the Edinboro website beginning in mid-March for Fall semester and Summer sessions and mid-October for Spring semester and Winter session. The class schedule for the Summer sessions is generally available in February.

          o. What are the office hours for the Student Services Center?

          The Student Services Center, Hamilton Hall, is open Monday  Friday. During the Fall and Spring Semesters, hours are from 9 a.m.  4:30 p.m. During the Summer, hours are from 9 a.m.  4 p.m.

          23. Social Security Number Change

          a. How can I change my Social Security Number in my records?

          Applications for Social Security number change can be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration. Click here to access the form.

          24. Suspension

          1. I’ve been academically suspended. Now what do I do?

                You must sit out the required time (one semester), then submit a letter of petition that outlines the following:

          1. The circumstances that caused your lack of academic success.
          2. What you did in your time away from the University, including whether you attended any other college or university.
          3. The steps you’re willing to take to ensure your academic success.
          4. Long-range goals for your career.
          5. The major you wish to be reinstated into
          6. You must state if you will be applying for financial aid

           Address your letter to:

          Mr. Timothy Pilewski, Registrar
          Office of Records and Registration
          Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro University
          Edinboro, PA 16444

          This information will be used to assist the University in determining reinstatement.

          If you have attended another institution in your time away from Edinboro University, you must send an official transcript to the Admissions Office, and have a Student Standards form completed by your previous school, and sent to the Office of Records and Registration.

          Appeals from suspension are only reviewed four times per year.  The review dates are January 1, March 15, June 1, and October 15.  All required documentation must be submitted, and all holds must be cleared from your record in order for your appeal to be reviewed.  If you miss the deadline, your appeal will not be reviewed until the next review date.

          25. Transcripts

                   a.    How can I obtain a copy of my transcript?

          Follow these steps:

          Current students
          Login to MyEdinboro.
          Click on the SCOTS icon, Student Records, Get My Transcript

          Alumni and students who previously attended Edinboro
          Login through the National Student Clearinghouse secure site www.getmytranscript.com

                   b.    Is there a fee for the transcript?

          Yes. The fee is $10 for the first transcript and $10 for each additional transcript ordered in the same request.  

          Undergraduate and graduate transcripts are considered two separate transcripts.

          You can pay for your National Student Clearinghouse transcript order with any major credit or debit card. Your credit card is not charged until your transcript(s) are sent. 

                   c.    May I have the transcripts mailed directly to me?

          Yes. However, these transcripts are not considered official transcripts by Edinboro University and will be marked “Issued to Student.” (Note: Although we do not encourage this, if the student insists on and specifically requests it, we will place the transcript in a sealed envelope with the registrar’s signature on the back. However, this transcript will still be marked “Issued to Student” and will not be considered official by our University.)

                   d.    How long will it take to process my request?

          Need your official transcript now? Select the delivery method of Electronic PDF. Secure Electronic PDF transcripts are normally processed within 30 minutes.

          Paper transcripts are generally mailed within 24 to 48 hours after receiving the request and payment. This does not include mailing time.

          26. Transfer Credits 

          a. I transferred to Edinboro and have a question regarding my transfer credits.

          Please contact Katie White or Sheila McCarthy of the Admissions Office (814) 732-2761. 

          b. I took a summer course at another university. Are the credits on my record? Have you received the transcript yet?

          To check the status, you may access your academic transcript via S.C.O.T.S. to see what courses have been accepted for transfer. All transfer credits are listed at the beginning of the academic history. If there are no credits listed at all, make certain you had an official transcript sent directly from the university where you took the summer course. Student copies of grade reports or transcripts will not be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact Katie White or Sheila McCarthy, (814) 732-2761.

          c. I need/want to take a summer course at another institution for transfer back to Edinboro. How can I do this?

          To check if the course you are planning to take is transferable to Edinboro University, check the PATrac articulator. If the articulator indicates that the course offered by the transferring school is equivalent to the EU course, you may simply register for and take the course, earn a grade of "C-" or higher, with assurance that your credits will successfully transfer.

          If no course equivalency exists for your selected school or course, you will need to complete a Transfer Credit Authorization form prior to enrolling in the course. This form requires the written approval of the dean of your major. Forms may also be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration.

          To complete the credit transfer process to Edinboro, you will need to request your transferring school mail EU an official transcript that includes the course you intend to transfer. Please be aware, the process for ordering official transcripts may vary from institution to institution and generally requires a fee. Your official transcript should be sent directly to:

          Undergraduate Admissions Office
          Academy Hall
          200 East Normal Street
          Edinboro, PA 16444

          d. I have a question about how my credits were transferred to Edinboro.

          Please contact Katie White or Sheila McCarthy, (814) 732-2761.

          e. I need to transfer my credits to another institution. How can I do this?

          You will need to request that Edinboro University send an official transcript to the new school (and follow that school’s policy for requesting transfer credit). Please refer to the section above about Transcripts.

          f. Can transfer courses be used to improve a student’s Grade Point Average (GPA)?

          Yes. Undergraduate students may repeat failed course work at another institution to improve their GPA at Edinboro. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with their academic advisor, department chairperson or dean prior to registering for such classes.

          27. Verification of Enrollment

          a. I need to verify that I am a full-time/part-time student. How can I do this?

          Self-service enrollment verifications are available online in a format that is generally acceptable for health insurance, loan providers and Good Student Discount. The verification includes the enrollment term dates and indicates full-time or part-time status. Printing your enrollment certificate online means that you won’t need to request verification from the University. Previous enrollment terms are always available. Enrollment information is updated periodically throughout the semester.

          1. Login to myEdinboro portal.
          2. Go to S.C.O.T.S.
          3. Under “Student Records,” click on “Request Enrollment Verification.”
          4. Under “Enrollment Verification Request”:
            1. Click on “Term” and choose a term.
            2. Click on “Verification Type” and choose type from: Current Term Only; Enrollment History- All Terms; Good Driver Discount; or Scholarship GPA and Enrollment
            3. Choose “Number of Copies.”
            4. Click on “Continue.”
          5. Under “Enrollment Verification Delivery,” click on “Delivery Method,” choose “Free Enrollment Verification,” and then click on “Continue.”
          6. Under “Enrollment Verification Address,” select an address for your enrollment verification by choosing “one of your stored addresses, or “some other address. Click on “Continue.”
          7. Under “Enrollment Verification Signature Request Summary, review all information and click on “Submit Request.”
          8. Under “Enrollment Verification Signature,” the system will tell you that your request has been received and we will mail any enrollment verification to the address on the verification. Enrollment verifications that are requested online are generally mailed out the same day the request is submitted.

          28. Instructions for National Student Clearinghouse:

          Type in keyword search Self-Service Enrollment Verification from Edinboro’s HomepageAll requests for any type of record verification must include the student’s signature, in accordance with Public Law 93-380 (Educational Amendments, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, 1974).

          If the self-service verification is not possible, you may use the Enrollment Verification Request Form, available in the Office of Records and Registration or by printing from the highlighted link. If a specific form is required by another agency, include this with the verification request.

          Requests are accepted either in person or by mail or fax. Requests should be limited to enrollment in currently scheduled or pre-scheduled classes, or in previous terms. The office cannot provide verification of intended enrollment for future terms that are not yet scheduled. No fee is required for this service.  

          Requests should be sent to:

          The Office of Records and Registration
          Student Services Center
          Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro University
          Edinboro, PA 16441

          a. How long does it take to receive my verification?

          Using the Self-Service Enrollment Verification, you’re provided the verification within minutes. Generally, it takes 7-10 days to provide verification after receiving the written request.

          b. I need verification of academic standing for my insurance company’s Good Student Discount. How can I obtain this?

          Generally, insurance companies require a minimum grade point average for the term most recently completed. If you’re eligible for your company’s discount, log into myEdinboro S.C.O.T.S. and go to “Student Records,” then “Request Enrollment Verification,” and select Good Driver Discount” enrollment verification.

          29. Veterans Education Benefits

          a. Who may I talk to about Veterans Education Benefits or the Montgomery GI Bill®?

          John Christman of the Veteran's Success Center, can answer your questions regarding GI Bill® benefits at (814) 732-1564.

          GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

          b. I am receiving tuition assistance from the military. How will this be credited to my revenue account?

          If tuition assistance is through the Pennsylvania National Guard, you should notify the Financial Aid Office and provide a copy of the agreement provided by your Guard unit.

          If tuition assistance is through a Reserves unit (for example, under the D.A.N.T.E.S. program), you must have all forms completed and signed through your Reserves unit and then submit the final form to Paula Hunter-Uglow, in the Bursar Office in Hamilton Hall.

          c. I completed courses in the military and have been told I can receive college credit for this coursework. Who should I see?

          Evaluation of military training and coursework is completed by the Transfer Admissions Coordinators in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please contact Katie White or Sheila McCarthy to find out what paperwork needs to be submitted for evaluation at (814) 732-2761.

          d. I understand I can receive health and physical education credit for my military service. How do I do this?

          You must provide a certified copy of your discharge form DD214 (member 4 copy) verifying a minimum eight weeks active duty and honorable discharge or character of service. If you are eligible, credit will be awarded for the following courses: HPE 105 Health (2 credits) and HPE 063 Physical Fitness (1 credit). Submit a request for credits along with your DD-214 to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Contact Sheila McCarthy if you have questions.