Transfer of Credit


Learn how many credits will transfer to graduate programs at Edinboro University from another college or university.

Transfer of Credit Policy

A maximum of nine (9) semester hours of graduate credit earned at a regionally accredited or state-approved college or university will be accepted for transfer to a student’s graduate program at Edinboro University.

Students in the Master of Fine Arts, Master of Arts in Counseling, Educational Specialist in School Psychology and Master of Social Work degree programs may transfer a maximum of 15 semester hours.

The Executive Director of Graduate Studies must authorize transfer credits. Transfer credit is, as a general rule, authorized only if the course is not offered by Edinboro University. If the institution granting the graduate credit has placed limitations on the use of this credit, these same limitations will be placed on transfer credit requests.

Transfer credit will be authorized only if the following conditions are met:

  1. You have earned a grade of “B” or better
  2. The credits were completed within a five-year time period from the date of the semester or session in which you earned the first accepted credits of the master’s degree program
  3. The approval procedures have been followed
  4. The School of Graduate Studies is provided with an official transcript for the completed credit

The Executive Director of Graduate Studies may deny permission to transfer credit when the course is judged to be outdated or inappropriate, or if the proper procedure has not been followed.

Further information can be found in the Graduate Catalog.

Please print and complete the Transfer of Credit Form.

Please also print and complete the Pre-Approval Transfer of Credit Form. This form is to be used by current students requesting to complete a graduate-level course at another college/university.

Request for Substitution of Graduate Credit

Requests for substitution of EU graduate courses should be made prior to enrolling in the substitute course and must be made prior to the semester in which the student graduates. Justification is required along with approval from the Graduate Program Head, Academic Dean and the Graduate Dean.

Please print and complete the Substitution of Credit Form.

School of Graduate Studies
140 Butterfield Hall
310 Scotland Road
Edinboro, PA 16444
814-732-2856 or 888-845-2890

Erinn Lake, D.Ed.
Vice President for Virtual and Global Education
Executive Director, School of Graduate Studies

145 Butterfield Hall
Phone: 814-732-2856