Once You Are Admitted


Congratulations! In order to secure your place at PennWest Edinboro and meet all U.S. immigration requirements, please follow these international student admittance procedures.

Follow These Steps

Submit an enrollment deposit

Obtain an I-20

Provide a legible photocopy of your passport ID pages.

Send financial documents, specifically an Affidavit of Support document, accompanied by the sponsor’s certified bank statements.


Currently Have an F-1 Visa?

If you are currently enrolled in a U.S. high school or college under F-1 visa status, you need to submit only the following items:

We recommend that you submit your documents early, particularly if you will be applying for a new F-1 visa. All documents listed above must be received by the Admissions Office no later than the deadlines below:


How to Apply for F-1 Student Visa

After you receive your Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Students Status) from PennWest Edinboro, you must obtain an F-1 student visa by applying for one at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy within your home country.

The following documents should be brought with you when you go to either of these government offices:

Please note: If you have I-20 forms from more than one college or university and have not yet decided where to attend, you will be required to attend the school whose I-20 form you use when applying for entry to the U.S. You may not use one school’s I-20 to enter the U.S. and then, upon arrival, attend the other school. By law, you are only authorized to attend the school whose I-20 you used upon entry.


Need More Information?

Consult U.S. Embassies Website for updates on country-specific visa processing requirements.

Click here to go to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security – Study in the States website.

Contact Us

International Admissions Office
Meighan Lloyd
115 Academy Hall
200 E. Normal Street
Edinboro, PA 16444
Email: mlloyd@pennwest.edu
Phone: 814-732-1768