Student Accounts Office


The Student Accounts Office distributes tuition bills, collects and tracks bill payments, and processes tuition and financial aid refunds. Our goal is to help students and their families meet their financial responsibilities to the University in a way that is manageable and convenient.

Tuition & Fees

Billing & Payments

Pay Your Bill

Authorized Users


More Information For You

The Student Accounts Office processes tuition refunds for withdrawals from the University in accordance with University and Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education policies.

During the regular Fall and Spring semesters, if students choose to withdraw from the University during the first five weeks of the semester, there will be a refund of tuition, room and meals (if applicable) and some fees. The refund percentage used in the calculation is based on the date of withdrawal entered by the student in the student self-service system in accordance with PA Board of Governor's Policy 1983-19-A.

Fall 2023 Refund Schedule
Summer 2023 Refund Schedule

Please refer to our Billing Information for more.

Students who reduce their credit hour load to part-time after the 100% refund shall not be eligible for a refund or account adjustment of amounts that exceed the part-time rate. After the drop period, refunds for tuition and fees shall be made only for full semester withdrawal.

Policy FA012: Refund Policy

Some students will qualify to accept Direct Loans or Parent Plus Loans in excess of their balance due to the University. Refunds of the excess financial aid usually are available during the third week of the semester. The most efficient manner to receive the refund of excess loan funds is by direct deposit. To sign up for direct deposit, log into MyEdinboro, click the green E-BILL icon and then choose “Refunds” at the top of the page. You will need to enroll in a two-step verification if you haven’t done so already and then click set up new account. Please follow the instructions to set up the new account.

Students who do not sign up for direct deposit will receive a paper check through the U.S. mail at the permanent address listed with the University.

Information for Students and Families regarding the 2023 1098-T.


Frequently asked questions related to tuition, billing and payments.

Our tuition and fees vary from year to year and for each type of student who attends PennWest Edinboro. Current tuition information.

You can pay your bill several ways. The most convenient way to pay your bill is on your Student Accounts Portal.  Log in to the myPennWest portal then click the Student Accounts Portal on the student “Quick Links” tile.  Once you are in your Student Accounts Portal you can click the payments tab at the top of the screen. On the Student Accounts Portal your payment options are American Express, Mastercard, Discover or e-Check/Savings. For online credit card payments only there is a convenience fee set by PayPath.

Check, money order, cash, or Visa and Mastercard debit are accepted in person in our office. You may also mail a check or money order. Be sure to include your name (student's) and ID# on all payments mailed in.

 Yes. Learn more about payment plan options.

Adding in Authorized User in your Student Accounts Portal 

  1. Go to my.PennWest
  2. Click on the Student Accounts Portal link on your Student Quick Access Tile
  3. Click on “Authorized Users” on the right side of the screen

    Authorized Users
  4. Click “Add Authorized User”
  5. Enter the email address of the Authorized User
  6. Choose what you want the authorized user to see

    Authorized Users View
  7. Click Continue
  8. Review the Agreement
  9. Click “I Agree”
  10. Click “Continue”
  11. Authorized User will receive an email with further instructions and a second email with temporary password

A financial hold on a student account generally means that you have something missing or have not taken care of your school bill. Questions regarding this type of hold can be answered by sending an email from your student webmail account to, by calling us at 814-732-3502 or by coming into the office with your student ID.

The hold could also have been placed by the campus police for unpaid parking tickets. Any questions regarding this hold should be directed to the campus police at 814-732-2921. To make payment for your parking tickets go to the Edinboro homepage at and keyword "Parking Tickets." You can pay via credit card online. You can also mail a check with your name, student ID #, license plate # and/or ticket #s to the Office of the Student Accounts, 210 Glasgow Road, Edinboro, Pa. 16444, or pay in the office with check, cash or debit card.

Health Center Fee

  • Student Health Services and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) in Ghering Health and Wellness Center will continue to serve students through in-person visits, telehealth, teletherapy, teletalk, and remote consultations. A screening intake interview will be completed by our clinical case manager or a medical staff member to understand the specific concerns that have brought you to CAPS. Referrals can also be made with other sources on-campus or in your community if the concern in question is one that is outside of our scope of practice or during non-office hours.  Healthcare and mental health professionals remain committed to keeping our students, faculty and staff safe and healthy.

Student Activity Fee

  • The Student Activity Fee funds student initiatives through PennWest Edinboro’s Student Government Association, as well as clubs, organizations and athletics. A series of virtual events, activities and fitness classes will be offered throughout the semester, and students near and far will continue to participate in student clubs and organizations.

University Center Fee

  • The University Center Fee funds personnel for the fitness desk, Campus Recreation and University Programming Board as well as operational costs of Frank G. Pogue Student Center. It is also a fee mandated by Pennsylvania legislation to provide for repayment of financing for construction.

Instructional Service Fee

  • This fee is not assessed for academic advisement but is used to help defray educational expenses and supplies, such as instructional equipment, diplomas, lab supplies and faculty travel to supervise internships.

Tuition - Technology Fee

  • This fee is set by the Board of Governors in Harrisburg to help keep on-campus computer labs and equipment running and updated for student use.
  • The fee is also used to properly maintain communications between a student who is taking courses off-campus and the University.

Art Fee

  • Art is one of Edinboro's most expensive programs due to high technology expenses and small-sized studio classes. For classes with an ART course prefix, this fee helps cover some of these expenses and is calculated as 25% (effective 2021-2022 school year) of the tuition rate per credit.
  • The fee covers only a portion of the actual expenses and is set at a minimal level to keep the program affordable relative to other competitive art programs.
  • This fee will not be charged for Art History or Art Education courses.

Music Fee

  • The Music Fee is charged as $100 per credit for applied music lessons. The lessons are 1-credit courses, so the fee will be $100 for the lessons for each applied instrument studied during the semester.
  • Music is one of Edinboro's most expensive programs partly because of the individual attention from faculty that students receive in these applied lessons. Even with this fee, these lessons are a very good value compared to what a student would pay for private lessons outside the University.
  • This fee was actually recommended by Music students as a way of making the program more cost-effective so that the University could maintain the major.
  • The fee covers only a portion of the actual cost and is set at a minimal level to keep the program affordable.

Student Success Fee

  • This fee is set at $70 per semester and is used to partially support the costs of the Academic Success Center.
  • This Center provides academic advising support for all students, oversees tutoring assistance, and provides one-on-one and group instruction to students on study skills, test-taking skills and time management so that they can be successful in their programs at Edinboro.
  • The Center is staffed full-time each weekday so that students have ready access to assistance and direction.


  • Students in high-cost, high-demand undergraduate science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health courses (excluding Nursing) will pay a $30-per-credit fee to cover a portion of the additional costs of these courses. A percentage of these fees will be utilized by academic departments to invest in enhancing the quality of these programs.

The dates for refund checks vary from semester to semester but generally will be available the third Friday after the semester begins. Refund dates will be posted on the Student Accounts Office homepage for each semester.

Any new or transfer undergraduate student should contact the Undergraduate Admissions office: Toll free # 800-626-2203 or 814-732-2761.

Any new graduate student should contact the Graduate Admissions office: Toll free # 800-845-2890 or 814-732-2856.

Any Continuing and Reinstated students should contact Records and Registration at 814-732-3501.

You can wire money to your student account using FlyWire at the following web address:

Each semester when your new billing statement is available, an email notification will be sent to your PennWest email account.  Go to the “Student Accounts Portal” via the myPennWest portal and click the “View Statements” button in the middle of the screen. Select the desired billing date from the drop-down menu and print.

To make payment for your parking tickets go here. You can pay via credit card online. You can also mail a check with your name, student ID #, license plate # and ticket # to the Office of the Student Accounts, 210 Glasgow Road, Edinboro, PA 16444, or pay in the office with check, cash or debit card. Any questions regarding parking tickets should be directed to the campus police at 814-732-2921.

The hours of operation for the Student Accounts Office's office in the Student Services Center are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.

PennWest Edinboro
Student Accounts Office
210 Glasgow Road
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: 814-732-3502
Fax: 814-732-2991

Check all University holidays on the student academic calendar.

Call the Boro hotline at 814-732-2676 (732-BORO) for up-to-date information on school closings and emergencies.

Pay parking ticket

Contact Us

Student Accounts Office
Hamilton Hall
210 Glasgow Road
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: 814-732-3502
Fax: 814-732-2991

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.